My amazing sister posted this recipe that looks delicious! We're totally trying it next week!
2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
1 cup cubed cooked ham (can usually be found packaged near the kielbasa at the grocery store)
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tsp. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flour
1 can (14oz) chicken broth
1 can (12oz) fat-free evaporated milk
1 can (15oz) creamed corn
2 Tbsp sliced fresh chives
salt & pepper to taste
cooked crumbled bacon (optional - I usually forget it)
1. Cut potatoes and ham into 1/2 inch cubes, set aside. Dice bell pepper. Coarsely chop celery.
2. Heat butter in a large pot. Add bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in flour; heat another minute.
3. Gradually whisk in broth, evaporated milk, and creamed corn. Add potatoes; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cook uncovered, 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. Stir in ham; heat through. Remove from heat, stir in chives, salt and pepper.
5. Ladle soup into bowls and top with crumbled bacon, if desired.