Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Enchillada Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 10 oz can enchilada sauce
1 cup salsa
6 10" flour tortillas
2 cups fresh or frozen corn
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese

That's where the main recipe stopped, but I had wished there were more veggies in here, so this time around I'm adding a can of black beans, and some chopped peppers and onions to the beef mixture.

Directions:
1. Brown beef and drain off grease. Add the enchilada sauce and salsa, and mix til heated through.
2. Place 2 tortillas on the bottom of a greased 9x13 casserole dish, overlapping a little. Top tortillas with 1/3 of meat mixture, 1 cup corn, and 1.5 cups shredded cheese.
3. Repeat the tortillas, beef, corn, and cheese layers.
4. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until cheese looks bubbly.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Gavin and I tried this and liked it, although I wish there were more veggies involved. Maybe next time I'll include some chopped bell pepper or something.

Sarah said...

I agree Jenny, next time I'd add black beans and more veggies, I just didn't have any :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...