Makes 8 Servings
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 8 minutes
* 1 pound cavatappi or other corkscrew-shaped pasta
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into
* 1-inch pieces
* 1 yellow pepper, cored diced
* 1 bunch (1 pound) asparagus, trimmed and cut into
* 2-inch pieces
* 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 package (5.2 ounces) spreadable herb cheese (such as Boursin)
* 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
1. Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add pasta and bring back to a boil. Cook 6 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and tilt pan to coat. Add chicken. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. During last minute of cooking, add yellow pepper to skillet. Remove from heat.
3. Once pasta has cooked for 6 minutes, add asparagus pieces and cook an additional 2 minutes. Scoop out 1/4 cup pasta water, then drain.
4. In a large bowl, toss together hot pasta and asparagus, chicken and pepper, tomatoes, herbed cheese, reserved pasta water, salt and pepper until well blended and cheese is melted.