1 larger onion, diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 pound red lentils
28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 can water
salt and pepper to taste
diced carrots (optional)
"big squirt" of ketchup
1. Dice and saute the onion
2. Add 2 cloves of garlic & curry powder
3. Add the lentils and fry until they turn a translucent and darker orange
4. Before the lentils burn add the tomatoes, 1 full can of water, and salt and pepper.
5. If you want to add the carrots, do so now.
6. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes
7. Add a big squirt of ketchup for the vinegar flavor that it gives.
You can serve this over rice, pasta, or baked potato.